The Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC), the independent accreditation authority for the Australian psychology profession, is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals interested in joining its Board of Directors.
With its head office in Melbourne, APAC currently employs 8 staff and has ambitious plans for expansion over the coming years as it welcomes a new CEO, implements a new governance structure and embarks on new programs of work on behalf of the Psychology Board of Australia.
There are four (4) upcoming vacancies available due to the expiring tenure of existing Directors. Directors are paid an honorarium to attend meetings.
For more information about APAC please refer to our website at www.apac.au.
To be considered for these roles, you will demonstrate the following:
- Thorough understanding of governance and fiduciary duties associated with being a Director of a registered charity
- Ability to contribute strategic thinking to organisational priorities, risk management and business development and growth
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills, including the ability to build strong networks and professional relationships
- Commitment to the values and strategic priorities of APAC
- GAICD or equivalent, or willingness to complete.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application to Rachel Portelli (Company Secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm (AEDT) on 17 November 2023.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter (max 2 pages) that identifies the skills, background and experience you will bring to APAC as a Director. The APAC Skills Matrix is attached to assist with preparing the cover letter
- Full curriculum vitae
- Two professional references with contact details.
Suitable applicants will be invited to attend a virtual interview with the Nominations Committee in late November 2023.